Freeman of the City - Nomination process
Tuesday October 1, 2019
ATTENTION, CITY OF BATHURST RESIDENTS
The City of Bathurst is seeking nominations for Freeman (Freemen) of the City. Freeman is the highest form of recognition and acknowledgement for long-standing service and leadership. It is an honorary title reserved to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to a community.
A “Freeman” of the City must have:
- Demonstrated leadership above and beyond the norm for a consistent and prolonged period of time;
- Contributed to the improvement of the quality of life in the City of Bathurst by actively participating in cultural, social, scientific and/or religious areas, and
- Resided in the City of Bathurst for a period of at least fifteen (15) years and currently be a resident of the City.
No award shall be granted posthumously. No person shall nominate herself or himself.
Nominations for Freeman and all pertinent information should be forwarded to the office of the City Clerk by November 12, 2019. Nomination forms may be obtained from the office of the City Clerk, 150 St. George Street, Bathurst, N.B. E2A 1B5.
The pertinent information should include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- personal co-ordinates
- academic background
- professional attributes
- community involvement
- business activities
- any other awards, recognition or honors previously bestowed on the nominee
- a written explanation on how the individual has distinguished themselves and contributed to the improvement of the quality of life in the City of Bathurst or to society as a whole.
The Nomination document can be downloaded by clicking the link below.
For more information, please call the office of the City Clerk at 548-0415.