PUBLIC NOTICE FOR SPECIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION
May 2nd, 2019
The City of Bathurst advises its citizens that a special garbage collection will be held during the week of May 27th, 2019.
- Special collection applies to residential properties in the City of Bathurst and does not include businesses, commercial, industrial, institutional or government establishments.
- Items accepted for collection will include appliances such as washers, dryers, fridges, stoves, etc., household furniture, mattresses, carpets and rugs, wooden crates, tree branches (tied in bundles) and other yard debris.
- Items NOT accepted in the special collection, include items normally included in the regular weekly garbage collection, construction material, logs, cars and/or car parts, snowmobiles and/or snowmobile parts, rocks, gravel, sand, manure, animal carcasses, gas tanks, propane tanks, tires, explosive materials, reactive and corrosive material, batteries, solvents and any other materials classified as hazardous materials.
The special garbage collection is voluntary and a resident requiring a special garbage collection will be required to pay a user charge of fifty dollars ($50.00), plus HST, per collection. The user fee shall be paid at the City Hall, 150 St. George Street, prior to May 24th, 2019. The items for the special garbage collection shall be identified by the resident at that time.
- Waste shall be placed by the occupant in front of his/her or the dwelling house just off the traveled portion of the street, so as not to interfere with traffic. Other such convenient location may be used as per approval by a City Official.
- Waste shall be placed by the occupant of the dwelling house for collection no earlier than 8:00p.m. the evening before collection and no later than 7:30a.m. of the day of collection.
In order to facilitate the special garbage collection process, the City of Bathurst shall be divided into four (4) zones.
- Zone 1 (one): Monday May 27th
- Zone 2 (two): Tuesday May 28th
- Zone 3 (three): Wednesday May 29th
- Zone 4 (four): Thursday May 30th
For complete street information, download the PDF file linked below.
Bathurst - Special Garbage Collection 2019.pdf